Monday, August 4, 2008

There is no title, for I am lazy

It's weird - I wanted to knit more stuff, but because I'm so happy with the last couple of things that I knitted, I was worried that the new stuff might just be a let-down. This was irrational on several levels, so I started new stuff anyway...


Work in progress No 1 (yes, I am so incapable of project monogamy that I don't even bother trying any more) is a Luna Moth shawl in my Naturally Merino et Soie - the same yarn I used for my Branching Out scarf (I like the way that it looks in lace). My photographic evidence of this valiant endeavour:



I like how this is coming along - it's quite thick and chunky by lace standards, but I was kind of going for this. There's a time and a place for delicate lace (I do want to get in on some of that 2ply action at some stage), but right now I feel like something a little more substantial. I do need to concentrate on it pretty hard at this early stage, but that's not a bad thing...


Work in progress No 2 is a Shalom Cardigan in Patons Shadow Tweed. I don't have any photos of this one because I don't know how long it's going to last - I keep having mood swings about it. I'll pick it up and not like how it's coming because of the lack of stitch definition, but then I'll have a change of heart and decide to persevere (even if it's only because I have no other ideas for what to do with the yarn). So I guess we'll see...


Anyway, aside from that I've been cooking a lot and attempting to do my law reading... I made the Most Awesome Ice-Cream Ever too - might blog about it later if I can be bothered.

Closing thought - I need to knit a venus fly trap. Just because.

No comments: