Saturday, August 21, 2010

Procrastination in all its forms

Apologies for the blog silence. Uni has been busy, my internship has started, and to top it all off, I spent a lot of last week being sick with a rather rotten head-cold. Being sick is never a lot of fun, but at least I got some of my assignments done. For some reason though, I never feel like knitting when I'm ill. I've done a little bit of work on my cardigan, but I've been terribly lazy when it comes to finishing my hand warmers. This is especially deplorable because I know very well that all they really need is an hour or so of work, and then they'll be done. Bad Anna.

On the up side, I have been doing some more spinning!




I bought this a while back, but wanted to go through all of my dodgier 'learning' fibre before I tackled it. And I actually kept this resolution - the last of the plain fibre was dyed with avocado pits and spun up during the week, so I've started on the nicer stuff!




(I know the photo is slightly weird - I am having Camera Issues at the moment). I'm really enjoying learning how to spin. I find it very relaxing, and kind of addictive. And I can do it when my eyes are too tired to knit, which is a plus. And as you can see, I'm gradually improving - the above skein is bordering on respectable! That said, I tried my hand at plying last night and the result is, erm, not quite as impressive. But still, that's what learning is all about, I suppose.

Next post, actual knitting content - I promise! In the mean time, I leave you with a picture of the home brewed beer we bottled a few weeks ago. Still needs a little bit of time to improve, but it's pretty good - the first brew I've been involved in from start to finish. Exciting! (well, I think so)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wayhay for home brewed beer, yumyumyum. We've just bottled some more. And the spinning! Wow, looks great! You can give me some lessons, where did you get your equipment from and what do you use? Did you go on a course or trial and error? I want to learn sorry for all the questions.

Sonia said...

I'm quite envious of your spinning, my attempts so far only result in me swearing…

Yeah, I'll have to get back to my blog too… it's been a while!

Abby said...

You've made notable progress in your spinning ability. I don't find the photo weird, in fact, it's rather artsy. Reminds me of an adult human in the fetal position for some reason.

Homebrew! Fun! I had some recently that a friend had homebrewed. Didn't taste all that great, but was cool to drink just the same.

choperena said...

Ooo, that is gorgeous fiber! Can't wait to see how it knits up.

choperena said...

And now I totally see Abby's fetal adult. Though to me it looks more like someone that's been kicked in the nuts...