Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tired and sore...

Blah. Have started work at 6am, 7:30am and 6:30am the last three days. As a result, have not had a great deal of sleep... And silly Howard decided to call the silly election on the day of the wedding, which means that there's a very good chance that we may get booted from our venue. I am definitely not voting for him now (though let's be honest, I was never going to anyway).

On the upside, I made the trek out to Canterbury to visit Sunspun, a lovely yarn store on Canterbury Road. It was a fantastic shop filled with shiny beautiful things, most of which I couldn't afford (damn student budget), and I definitely plan to head back there again. On this occasion I exercised remarkable financial restraint and bought two balls of Noro Silk Garden to make an Argosy scarf with.

I'd been curious about Noro yarns because everyone goes on about them so much, but they're kind of hard to track down here in Melbourne, and when you do track them down they don't come particularly cheap. Still, after knitting a bit with them, I deem them to definitely be worth the travel and the money: my scarf is so beautiful that I can't stop showing it to people...

I'm leaving my crappy retail job in a couple of weeks so that I can work at Chris' business when we get back from the honeymoon, and I gave my two weeks notice on the same day that I bought this yarn/started knitting this scarf. So, this will henceforth be known as the 'Scarf of Freedom from Bread-Vending'!

Oh, and yesterday when I was heading home, a busker in the city stopped in mid-song just to tell me that my hat (pictured a few posts ago) was awesome. Yes, feel the power of the hat!

No comments: