Monday, January 14, 2008

Now watch Anna post gratuitously!

Since I am now in possession of the digital camera of doom (I'm trying to think of an idiotic name to call it, but for some reason my idiocy reserves are running low... I blame society), I shall now post gratuitously. Posts accompanies by photos which, let's face it, aren't very good. Oh well, I shall improve (see? optimism!)...

I've finally gotten into the rhythm of blocking, and have decided that it is officially awesome. Behold my nicely blocked $6 raglan jumper:



This photo doesn't reflect the colour very well; it's actually a much deeper, darker teal colour. And I loves it to bits; now if only it were cold enough to warrant wearing it... Oh well, this is Melbourne after all, so I'll probably only be waiting a week, or maybe even a few hours...

Here is photographic proof that I finally finished my Leaf ties cardigan:


I seem to be incapable of taking a photo that shows everything it's supposed to, but at least in this one you can see the issue I have with the neckline; it bunches up a little near my left shoulder. Still, can't complain too much, I'm happy with it for the most part.

And I've started a new project, because I have the kind of attention span that compels me to do foolish things like that, even though I've already got about 18,000 things on the go. It's a varigated colour Mr Greenjeans (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTgreenjeans.html) in Patons Jet (a wool/alpaca blend) and it's coming along nicely so far. I'm liking the whole raglan, top down thing (as is probably evident); it makes a lot of sense to me (heaven knows not many things do).

And, on a real life note, the lawyers are all back from holidays as of today, so maybe (finally) Chris and I will be able to get the shop up and running soon *fingers crossed*

No comments: