Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One blocking and embarrassingly bad button sewing later...

I am so in love:

(also, guess who was too excited about her new Greenjeans to bother brushing her hair before the photo was taken?). I can't say how pleased I am with this; I started it and was working on it with the feeling that it would turn out okay, but not something that I was jump up and down excited with. I was wrong. The photos don't really do it justice (due mostly to my appallingly bad photography and my cheap and nasty camera), but it fits really well, and the yarn worked perfectly. *drools with happiness* Now I just need to resew the button in a way that doesn't suck mouldy donkey arse...

Here's another gratuitous picture or two:




Love, love, love, love, love. I am so wearing this the moment March comes around.

On the other hand, my over-enthusiastic love of my Greenjeans has led me to reconsider a couple of things I've had kicking around for a while. I've decided to frog my Lelah. It was more or less finished, but due to huge gauge accident, the half is far, far too big (as it, you could nearly fit two of me in there). Now, all this is fixable, if I just reknit the top half. But really, I don't think I can be bothered. I'm just not into it enough to go to the trouble. The design is lovely, as are lots of the FOs on Ravelry, but I picked a colour that just isn't me. It's a very light purplish pink; a 'gelati' colour, as Christina put it. What clinches it is that even if I reknit the top bit to fit, I can't really see myself wearing it anywhere. So, I think it's time to say goodbye *cue funeral march*. Methinks I'm going to try dyeing the yarn a darker colour and making something else out of it.

On a more positive note, I've diagnosed my problem. Every time I finish one project, I seem to have a compulsive need to start two more. But more on that later... right now I have writing to do - on 34,500 words and I want to crack 35k already!

By the way, I love my Greenjeans...

No comments: