Friday, April 11, 2008

Purging my poor little brain

Urk... spent most of last night doing job applications, and that means writing cover letters and fine tuning my resume. Both activities that I hate, loathe, despise, etc. So, must purify brain by knitting. I'm thinking socks might be in order; I can break out that Boxing Day sales Patonyle that's been staring at me pointedly for the last few months...

Also, speaking of Boxing Day sales, why do I keep buying mohair yarns when I really don't like mohair very much at all? I can't seem to stop, and then they languish sadly in the stash for months while I glare at them and wonder what I was thinking. Maybe it's the pretty colours...

I've been reading a lot about yarn dyeing the last little while, so now I'm getting an itch. This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I have a research essay proposal to write for next week... Stupid attention span. Thankfully, I'm prohibited by my current financial situation from progressing further down this particular path of procrastination; I can't justify buying yarn just to dye it (no, I mean REALLY can't justify it... this isn't the usual can't justify where really you can, this is a matter of choosing between yarn and meals with vegetables), and because I tend to go in for dark colours, none of the purposeless stuff in my stash will really cut it.

On that note, finally, my hoarding instinct pays off. The last month or so the financial situation here has been, well, kind of dire. But, even on days when there has been nothing (and I mean nothing) in my bank account, I still have plenty (and I mean plenty) of yarn to knit with. And so it bloody well should be!

No, I have nothing particularly interesting to say, or any new blurry photos to post. Just the announcement about socks. And mohair. And rants about how it sucks to be broke.

I think I need another cup of tea.

No comments: