Thursday, July 10, 2008

A random cat... and some shawl...

Well, the last few days have been a little, um, interesting... I may or may or may not provide an elaboration in the near future. It remains to be seen.

There has been knitting done though, and I'm currently looking for stuff to distract myself with, so here is knitting, with a bonus cat!



It's the ugly mohair shawl, which is still kind of ugly, being modelled by my senile old man cat, Alex. He's 18, which means that he gets cranky a bit, but it also means that he doesn't have the energy to protest too vigorously when I drape him in partially completed knitwear...

I've also been knitting a Bevin tank top in some shiny nice dark red Katia Firenze yarn that I got half price. I think it's pretty shiny and nice, with one exception; the armholes are far too big.


You can't see the problem that much in this photo (though you can see the part where I was too lazy to weave in my ends before trying it on). Basically, the armholes are large enough to make the fit just a little funny, and also show parts of the side of one's bra off to the general public. Still, I'm going to try and fix it by picking up some stitches around the bottom of the armhole and knitting a little more. I'd like to be able to fix this; I think it's pretty cool, and it fits me quite well (if being not exactly the kind of top you'd want to wear to visit the in-laws...).

I like this photo too... it doesn't show the giant shoulder pimple I had on the day it was taken - because it was on my back, mwa ha ha...

(sorry, that was kind of an overshare... but oh well - it's my blog and I can be as gross as I want!)

1 comment:

kataish said...

oh the tank top looks FABULOUS! I think it should be fine if you pick up stitches and knit up a ilttle bit and seam it in. Ah well.

Good luck with that!