Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Getting there...

I'm getting there with Greenjeans, though progress is painfully slow because the set of 4.5mm dpns I've switched to for the sleeve is very, um, NOISY! This doesn't bother me, but it does bother the Chris, who has politely requested that I not knit that item so much when he's around. As we're both still not working (stupid lawyers), he's around most all of the time. I get up much earlier than he does, but morning time is for walking, and then sitting with my cup of tea trying to write things. This is where I live from approx 9am-12pm:



It's coming along nicely though; I've just cracked 20k words on the piece I'm currently writing, which is probably some kind of record for me.

Anyway, while Greenjeans drags it's arse, I've been trying to think of something to do with this yarn:


I bought it several million years ago from a Lincraft sale. It's a bit ribbony, and quite soft and squishy. It's 50% cotton/50% acrylic. I don't have much of it, so that limits my options a little. I was thinking I might make some kind of skimpy summery top; maybe a halter or something. Hmmm... choices, choices. Wonder how it would take to a lace pattern?

No comments: